Most of you do not know what Life Line Screening is and how to prepare for it. If that is the condition, you are at the right place.
To start, Life Line Screening is a simple process that aims at detecting and identifying disease-causing symptoms before they manifest and spread to other parts of the body. The universal screening done today involves screening of cancerous cells.
Due to the improvement in technology, most procedures are simple and quick. This is because; the Ultrasound machines used are made with high-level technology. That is why you need very little preparation.
NOTE: It is always advisable that you ask your doctor what type of testing will be conducted so that you get prepared.
Depending on the kind of diseases being screened, you will need different procedures preparation. But there are common preparations for all illness.
1. For all screens that involve the chest and upper abdomen, you should wear a loose two-piece cloth that is easy to open. That means that, if you have a pantyhose, never wear one. During some tests like Carotid artery testing, dressed in a turtle necked shirt is not allowed.
2. In case of atrial fibrillation, avoid smearing your body with any oil or lotion. You are also required to leave your watch at home and turn off your phone if you have one.
3. If you are going for an aortic aneurysm, fast for about four hours. This means that you eat just a half of what you have been eating. Drink some water or tea if you become thirsty. Do not leave your medicine if you are taking some. For diabetic patients, please stick to your meals.
4. If you are going for any blood pressure testing, wear a short sleeved shirt. This will allow secure attachment of blood pressure cuffs. Some fasting is required too. Fast 7 hours if that is possible.
5. Some conditions like elevated C-reactive protein and ALT/AST need no preparation. Some like osteoporosis risk and type 2 diabetes need about eight hours of fasting.
Results depend on the type of testing which is being conducted. Some results are instant while others need some waiting.
Life Line Screening Social Media: twitter.com/Life_Line